ALL CLASSES HAVE BEEN CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. STAY SAFE!
HOMEBUYER EDUCATION CLASS
Need Real Answers About Homeownership? Home Buyer Education is Your Starting Line Are you thinking about buying a home, but not sure where to start-especially in challenging economic times? VHDA’s free First Time Homebuyers’ Class can help You will learn the entire home buying process from start to finish, and how to stay on track as a responsible homeowner
Please Note: Although online classes are available, we require classroom training for anyone receiving closing cost and down payment assistance
- Personal Finances
- Credit Reports
- Role of the Lender
- Working with you Real Estate Agent
- Home Inspection
- Closing your Mortgage Loan
The Freddie Mac Credit Smart Program is designed to help consumers understand, build and maintain good credit.
- Your Credit and Why it is Important
- Establishing and Maintaining Good Credit
- Understanding Credit Scoring
- Avoiding Credit Traps
- Restoring Your Credit
- Planning for Your Future
HOW TO BE A SUCCESSFUL RENTER
What are your rights and responsibilities as a renter? How do you find a place to rent? Whose problem is it if the sink drips? Can you get your security deposit back? Get answers to these and many more questions in this class.
- Are You Financially Ready to Rent?
- The Ins & Outs of Credit
- How to Find the Right Place
- Handling the Application Process
- Understanding the Lease Agreement
- Getting Back Your Security Deposit
- Life as a Renter: Rights & Responsibilities
- Housekeeping, Maintenance & Repairs
- The Right Way to Terminate the Lease