Blue Ridge Housing Network, Inc. provides all counseling for free.
A positive rental history can go a long way whether you are working to build or rebuild your credit history or when you become ready to purchase your own home.
Prior to moving into your new rental home, it is critical you have the necessary knowledge to make renting a successful experience.
- The problems that can occur when you don’t understand your lease agreement
- Security Deposits – what they are really for and how to protect yourself
- How to calculate an affordable rent payment
- Reducing your debt and increasing your income
Have you already missed a rent payment? Are you anticipating being late on upcoming monthly rent?
- How to handle an unexpected financial crisis
- Developing a personalized budget while still living comfortably
- Creating an emergency saving plan for peace of mind
- How to reduce personal debt and become financially healthy again
Review income, expenses, spending habits and use of credit in order to evaluate client’s unique financial situation relative to their housing needs.
Review the clients housing needs, current housing quality, and housing affordability relative to their financial capability.
Counselor and client establish an action plan that outlines action that both parties need to do in order to meet the client’s housing goals and, when appropriate, address the client’s housing problem(s).
Identify and discuss with the client alternative or options available to the client including programs and products.
Provide Home Inspection materials.